“An hour spent coding is an hour spent learning.”
Joe Chavez is a goal-oriented technologist and research professional with deep experience in the architecture, design, development and production of computer software. In crafting software intensive systems, he seeks a balance of the needs of today while keeping an eye on the future. Joe enjoys taking on unique technical challenges as a mentor.
- Deep experience in the architecture, implementation and delivery of enterprise class software systems for multiple vertical industries. In the past Joe has services as a lead or principal software engineer for organizations ranging from hardware/software startups to Fortune 500 companies. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Girlmade and is also the President of the STEAM Initiative a 501(3)(c) non-profit.
- Currently Chief Technology Officer at Convergence Healthcare, a Reno based software company and provides services and applications for the healthcare industry.
- Holds a B.S. in Computer Science from University of California, Riverside and a M.S. in Computer Science from California State University, Fullerton.
- Did You Know? Joe is a visual and sound artist and has published a book, 365 Strange Attractors (2010) and an album Random Acts of Ambients (iTunes 2011) of his experiments.
- Expertise in:
- Computer Science and Software Engineering – skilled in modern system architecture and design. Helping non-technical people avoid problems before they kill their business is my specialty.
- Integration of hardware (Internet of Things) and software products in a meaningful way. Both components must work well together or the product is guaranteed to fail.
- Team building and cohesion with a focus on getting technical/engineering types on the same page and down the path towards success.