Do you dread the next outrageous #Yelp or #Trip Advisor review? Does your front desk team freeze like deer in the headlights when a customer complains? Does the phrase “she wants to talk to a manager” strike fear in your heart?
You’re right to be nervous. Unhappy customers share their experience with three times as many friends and family members as your happiest advocate. #Online reviews have amplified this effect dramatically.
- The shocking power of negative word of mouth, on and offline
- When to disregard negative feedback
- Handling complaints in person, on the phone, and online
- The anatomy of a complaint
- Your most valuable client: the complainer
- Different complaining “styles” and how to respond effectively to each
- Radioactive words and phrases you must never use when resolving a complaint
- Why and when problem-solving backfires, and what to do about it
- A simple trick that will enable you to listen rather than panic
- Recompense: how to make them happy without giving away the store
- Abusive vs. Angry customers and what to do about them
The Zen of Customer Complaint Resolution
12-1 p.m. (BYO Lunch!)
Adams Hub for #innovation, 111 W. Proctor St. Carson City.