Karsten Heise, from the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development, is bridging the gap between research, technology, and business in Nevada. Karsten aims to expand the program’s multi-faceted levels of expertise with his international and tech-based experiences.
- Currently the Technology Commercialization Director for the Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development. Credited with introducing Nevada to the concept of Applied Research Centers, Mr. Heise serves as a liaison for Nevada industry and the research communities with the objective of development and implementation of innovative technologies.
- Worked in consultant and executive capacities at several lucrative firms in Asian and European markets, including Baron Group, Asia Assets Limited (Beijing, China), Credit Suisse First Boston, Donaldson, and Lufkin & Jenrette (London, UK).
- Holds a MPhil in Modern Chinese Studies from Cambridge and an MS (with distinction) in International Business & Finance from the University of Reading. He’s also studied at the London Business School, the National University of Singapore, and Peking University.
- Did You Know? Karsten is fluent in German and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Expertise in:
- International business
- Technology innovation and implementation
- Economic development